As an MSP, you can’t put it off anymore. Carriers are actively going after managed services in the Cloud space, like SD-WAN, and including them into their default bundles.
You have seen this coming for the last couple of years, nibbling at your core business. The reality is we have known this was coming for quite some time and 2018 is the year carriers are putting on the full assault of your customer base. They have deep pockets, large marketing and incentive budgets and will literally try to buy your base away from you.
What do you do? You Need a Plan.
- Staff up
- Take on multiple lines and vendors
- Get multiple certifications
- Bust budget to be a contender
- New inventory
- Mass marketing and advertising
- Less profit margin, increase your bottom line and cost of doing business.
There’s also another way which involves a new type of partnership that I advocate for. The idea of helping MSPs with sales and engineering resources in the Cloud Communications field was the reason I cancelled my retirement and joined LANtelligence, the first Master Solutions Provider in the Channel.
What does this type of partnership mean for the MSPs?
- Single vendor that provides a multitude of solutions and products that are usually not a part of a typical core of managed services business, like UCaaS and CCaaS
- Engineering and certifications coupled with project management, integration, training and delivery installation.
The Master Solutions Provider gives you the ability to take on all projects and future needs for your customer base as well as future business you would have generally walked away from.
It allows you to:
- Lower your monthly cost of doing business
- Expand product lines
- Keep all your commissions earned for truer bottom line profit
- Retain your customer base
- Get a more productive use of your own employees
Many companies will hit a glass ceiling and have trouble growing their business to the next level. The limitations on growth is a topic we shall discuss in detail in an upcoming article.
Director of Channel Sales,