In my previous post, I outlined basic guidelines on how to start using social media for MSPs. Today, I want to focus on the specific importance of LinkedIn. As of November 2018, the total number of LinkedIn users is more than 562 million people. Now consider that 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn vs. 13% from Twitter and 7% from Facebook. Since this is where most of your B2B contacts will find you first, LinkedIn is considered a leading social media tool for B2B marketing. That’s why it is crucial for an MSP to have a strong LinkedIn presence. Here’s how to get started.
If you haven’t done so yet, then you need to set up a company page. It will help build brand awareness and trust. LinkedIn offers an easy step by step process. Make sure to include your company logo, description, services provided and location. To increase your visibility and credibility, start regularly posting content, including company news, blogs, videos, industry news and various promotions. Remember, only 30% of the posted content should be about your company; the rest should be curated content.
It is even more important to have a properly setup and maintained personal LinkedIn profile for the MSP CEO and other executive suite members. Often, prospects do research beforehand while searching for a managed service provider in their area. After reviewing the website and company page on LinkedIn, prospects like to check the personal pages of company owners.
- They most likely will base their decision on first impressions, so a professional-looking picture is a must.
- Your profile headline should include keywords. For example, it could read, “Managed services provider in New York” or “IT services in Colorado.”
- In a summary section, include a short blurb about yourself, what you bring to the table, and how you can solve your customers’ problems.
- In the skills section, add the skills that you are an expert in. For example, you could list cyber security, business continuity, network services, cloud services, etc.
- Join groups related to your industry that your potential clients might be interested in.
- Let your clients and partners leave recommendations. This will boost your credibility and help build relationships and loyalty within your community. The best advertisement is still word of mouth.
- Publish articles written by you and other experts in your field. This will help establish you as an expert.
- Grow your network by connecting with current and prospective clients and social media influencers.
- List your honors, awards and certifications.
- Update your company profile page and your personal account regularly.
Monitor analytics on a monthly basis to see which posts bring more traffic and make more impressions. LinkedIn analytics tools also show aggregated demographics of your page followers. Additionally, you can see how your followers and updates compare to those of other similar companies. Finally, LinkedIn has recently introduced a new tool called “content suggestions,” which helps you discover topics and articles with which your audience is engaging. You can filter down by industry, location and seniority.
Follow these simple steps and let your LinkedIn profile shine and attract new business!